Challenge yourself to eat better!
PALEO-PRIMAL-ZONE 30-Day Challenge
We haven’t done this in a while so we are going to do a 30-day challenge. You can choose the option you would like to try between Paleo, Primal, or Zone. I have compiled information into a document with information about each of these ways of eating. You can read, research, and decide for yourself what is best for you.
Here are some things I learned from when I started my first (and second) challenge:
- Try your best! It will be a bit tough at first because most people are used to the quick carbs they can grab. Plan your snacks!
- Paleo is a great way to cut out foods that could be causing you issues. You can always add things back when you find they are not an issue.
- I loved bread! LOVED IT! I thought for sure that would be the worst thing to have to cut out… guess what… it wasn’t! After 30 days of not eating it, I have never returned to eating it like I did before because the way it makes me feel overly bloated and full.
- As for milk… I am not a milk drinker. I like the occasional yogurt and creams and butter, but milk… no! That was the one thing that I actually did add back after doing the Paleo challenge the first time. Strange huh… I loved bread and didn’t care if I had it anymore, didn’t like milk… but wanted dairy back.
- Some people like to have a cheat meal and some do not. I prefer a cheat meal to make sure that I nip those cravings in the bud (we all have our faves and mine is ice cream!), but if you feel it might cause you to waiver too much… don’t.
- Try different recipes and new things. I had to start being more creative. When I eat fajitas or sloppy joe (i’ll post this recipe later), instead of tortillas or bread I put it on a bed of raw baby spinach! It really is good!
- Last… try to do your best during this 30 days. Eat as clean as possible! But if you have a bad day… chalk it up to that and start clean the next day!
Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to help the best I can.
If you want… post recipes to the comments!